sexta-feira, 3 de agosto de 2012

A post to Travis, Teri and Bryan

My port a cath is behaving well! I am feeling better each day, I am just feeling very anxious for Monday, that´s when I start chemotherapy all over again! Some people don´t really understand what I am going through and why I am so worried (even my twin who has also had lymphoma before) and anxious, but chemo is a time when your body is all messed up and you do suffer with it. Believe me, losing the hair is nothing compared to the other side effects of chemotherapy, I would rather lose my hair straight away than feel nauseous all the time (I could not wear any perfurm that last time, can you image about food?), not be able to taste food the same as a healthy person, have joint pain, have menopause symptons (yes, we don´t get periods due to the use of Zoladex medication), have headaches, anemia (and other blood related problems) and feel constipated for 6 months ! Plus, you have to count the times they stick a needle on you ! Gosh, I don´t even want to think about it now, I have decided to live a day at a time, or better, a cycle of chemo at a time. You can go crazy if you think about all you have to go through and if you start a count down, it seems endless, but also after you reach half of the treatment, it goes fast!
I will come back on monday to tell you how my first day went ! xoxo

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário